At Sew Shabby Quilting we have a reputation for quality workmanship and speedy turnaround not to mention incredible prices! We offer professional long arm machine quilting from $.01 per square inch!
Whether you are local to the Wasatch Front or out of state, you will find our services competitive and hard to come by!
Here is our printable order form.
Forms of payment : Cash, Check, Pay-pal, and most major credit cards (excluding AmExpress and Discover).
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- Multiply length x width in inches. (ex. a twin quilt measuring 72″ x 90″ is 6,480 square inches)
- Multiply total # of square inches x price per square inch (ex. for basic edge to edge quilting it would be $.01/sq. inch or 6480 x $.01 = $64.80 for a twin quilt).
- You may supply your own batting and backing or choose from our highly affordable batting at an additional cost.
- Keep in mind there is a $25.00 minimum charge on edge to edge quilting and a $35.00 minimum charge on custom quilting.
Pricing varies depending on the complexity or density of the quilting pattern chosen. Custom patterns may also be requested at an additional cost. If your quilt needs to be shipped, you will be responsible to cover shipping fees/ shipping insurance.
- Edge to Edge designs – $.01 up to $.03 depending on design.
- Custom – $.015 and up depending on complexity. Please call for a quote.
- Heirloom – $.03 and up.
Thread Charges – I do charge for thread to enable me to offer a wide variety of thread colors.
- Baby and Lap $3.50
- Twin $4.00
- Queen $5.00
- King $7.00
- Custom $10.oo
Batting Charges -
- Winline Cotton Poly 80/20 blend – 96″ wide $8.99/yd
- Winline Cotton Poly 80/20 blend – 120″ wide $9.99/yd
- Winline Bleached 80/20 blend – $11.99/yd
- Winline 100% Cotton – 96″ wide - $11.99/yd
*I usually use the shortest side of the quilt to measure out batting. So it is safe to assume you will use this much batting. (ie if your quilt is 92X70, I would cut 75 (five extra for quilting) inches of batting. 75/36 = 2.08yds. I return all extra batting and backing to the customer.
Binding Charges – Binding is offered at an additional charge. It generally takes about 1 week to 10 days on top of the quilting time, but sometimes it is done faster. Please contact to find current time table, if you are in a hurry.
Binding 1: $.10 cents an inch – Includes trimming the quilt, making the binding, and machine stitching it to the top. (Hand stitching the binding to the back of the quit is done by the customer)
Binding 2: $.20 cents an inch – Includes everything in binding 1 plus we machine stitch binding to the top.
Binding 3: $.25 cents an inch – Includes everything in binding 1 plus we hand stitch the binding to the back of the quilt.
Lets say you have a quilt that measures 72 X 90. The formula for binding is 72 + 72 + 90 + 90 = 324 inches. So if you choose binding #2 it would cost 324 x .20 = $62.80.
Don’t get caught with additional charges -
- Ironing fee – $25/hr ( I only iron if requested)
- Piecing the back – $10/seam
- Ric rac fee – $5 and up depending on amount of ric rac. ( this fee is for lot of ric rac that needs to be tacked down or quilting on, it is a lot of extra work to do this. It can sometimes double the time it takes to finish a quilt.)
- Backing too small surcharge – $10 (This fee is for backings that have less that 3″ extra all the way around a quilt. I try to offer the best prices and awesome discounts, so I need to save as much time as possible. When you do not give me the amount of backing I request, I have to spend a lot of extra time with your quilt to make sure my machine head doesn’t hit a clamp (a $150 repair). It also can make your quilting look bad because I may not be able to quilt the entire quilt top. It’s worth spending the extra time in planning. BEWARE of fabric store employees telling you that it is OK to have extra only on one side! This is not true! It needs to be on ALL SIDES.)
WHAT IS CUSTOM?
Custom is a type of quilting that offers different designs in different areas of your quilt. It can be as simple as a different border designs and edge to edge in the middle. It can be a complex as something different in borders, sashings, posts, and blocks. A lot of time goes into planning and designing custom quilts. Please feel free to call or email anytime with any questions you may have. firstname.lastname@example.org
Custom and Freehand turnaround is 2-3 weeks generally. Always contact for current time tables if you are in a hurry.